If you want to choose between narrow or wide web flexo printing, you are in the correct place to know the best reasons for it. Flexo printing is overgrowing, along with the flexible food packaging industry. It is because of the attractive and precise printing by direct laser engraved technology on the rubber covered sleeves by experienced manufacturers. Also, they are now fast becoming the marketing tools to lure the customers into buying the products. Check out more details about narrow and wide web flexo printing to choose the right one for your business.
Reasons to choose between narrow or wide web for flexo printing
Printers worldwide need to be careful in choosing the right Flexographic Printing Plates to sustain and succeed in this competitive business environment. In flexo printing, there are two major sectors, namely wide web and narrow web. Though the primary difference between the two is the width size, there is more to consider deciding between them. The narrow web width size is less than 18,” and that of the wide web is above 40″. The in-between midsize of 20″ to 40″ is transition size, also used by many printers. The reasons to choose between narrow wide web for flexo printing include:
1. If you are a small manufacturer of labels and other printing items in small volumes, the best in the narrow web flexo printing, and if you are a big manufacturer with high volumes, the wide web is the right choice.
2. Speed is another factor that will decide to use the narrow or wide web as the difference in the speed will affect the formulation of the used ink, the narrow web will have a speed of 150 to 200 meters per minute, and wide web runs at a rate of above 300 meters per minute.
3. Wide web flexo printing uses a fast-drying solvent, mostly around 25 seconds, compared to the narrow web with ink viscosities, mostly around 35 seconds, and has the tenacity to transfer thicker ink volume onto the substrate.
4. The wide web mostly uses a chambered doctor plate inking system compared to the fountain roller systems of the narrow web that expose the ink to open air and become vulnerable to pH variables and solvent loss.
5. The wide web gets dominated by central impression design to hold tight with the adequate registration with in-between layers dryers along with a final post dryer. But the narrow web has an in-line design with only in-between layer dryers and no last post dryer.
6. The advantages of narrow web flexo printing include high-quality images, complying with environmental regulations, and sustainable printing. Lower costs associated with warehousing.
Hence you can use it for narrow printing width, smaller volumes, short print runs, more variable in print design to sell at a higher cost. The wide web flexo printing is best for wide printing width, for larger volumes, less variability on a print design for the product to be price-sensitive, and in places with fewer regulations for environmental concerns.
The above reasons will surely help you to choose narrow or wide web flexo printing as per your need. Vintex Rubber Industries supplies high-quality flexo plates for corrugation printing, among others, for flexo printing needs worldwide for the past over 20 years.
For further queries, please free to connect with us on firstname.lastname@example.org or http://www.laserengravedsleeves.com/contact-us/
Vintex Rubber Industries